Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rylie Thinks He's Reginald Jeeves

Rylie is wrong. I believe his completely inaccurate assessment of his own character in comparison to the characters of the P.G. Wodehouse world lies entirely in his inability to read. Let it be noted that this difficulty with reading human text did not stop him from marking the copy as his own (Sorry, Rylie, it belongs to the public library.)

Rylie's propensity for buffoonery and silly pranks most certainly rank him as the Bertie Wooster in the Rylie and me pair. I will give him this: he is certainly the Jeeves when it comes to Rylie and Newt. However, Rylie can barely conceal his seething disdain of Newt for extended periods lacking any suitable distraction; so, Rylie is still ultimately wrong.

Moreover, neither of us really can be a Jeeves. Rylie because he's such a Wooster and me because I'm more like a colorful background character. I'm definitely not a Madeline Bassett (I think that would be Zelda), but probably a Stiffy Byng spliced with Aunt Dahlia sort - probably with a Dash of Jeeves because I do tolerate Rylie marvelously and I do actually like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT AND APPEASE KITTY!