Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Pride and Prejudice Factor

A considerable amount of people wonder why I would put up with Rylie, considering that his usual personality is that of a fuzzy a-hole. While I will admit that his looks are what first attracted me to him -- I do believe the exact exclamation upon seeing kitten!Rylie was "he's PERFECT!" -- we most certainly have a Lizzie/Darcy thing going on.

He likes me well enough, I like him enough to make him my partner in blogging. We just love to antagonise one another it seems. Rylie is also quite aloof and greatly dislikes having his feathers ruffled, and ruffling his feathers is one of my greatest pleasures in life. Rylie and Darcy have similar facial expressions as well, each bridging the amazing extremes of "annoyed" and "PLEASE DIE NOW." Also: I'm pretty sure Mr. Darcy would dig licking yoghurt off spoons and biting armpits. I DEFINITELY got that vibe from the novel and both current, popular film adaptations (his head is TOTALLY on BBC/Colin Firth Darcy). I could also see Rylie wearing frilly blouses and writing in his diary a lot. He would probably compose innumerable emo poems about the darkness of his soul and the idiocy of those around him.

Of course, Rylie and I usually fail to get to the point where his pride is re-evaluated. However, I believe that I can beat him into submission with taunting, yoghurt, catnip, and hugging it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT AND APPEASE KITTY!